Regardless of what type of vehicle you ride, we have a vast array of coverage to choose from. Off-road vehicles that Synergy covers include:
- Personal Watercraft
- ATV (All-terrain vehicle)
- Dirt bike
- Dune buggy
- Golf cart
- Additional motorsports
Do I Need Off-Road Vehicle Insurance?
Standard auto and home insurance policies don’t cover specialized vehicles, especially when you aren’t riding on your own property. Many national, state or other public parks require riders to be properly insured. Always check with your agent to see what specific coverage you will need.
Optional Off-Road Vehicle Coverage
Every rider is going to need specialized coverage, however here are the basic options included in most personal watercraft, ATV, dirt bike, golf cart, and other off-road vehicle insurance policies:
- Collision coverage: This pays for covered damage to your vehicle when in a collision with another vehicle or other object.
- Property damage liability coverage: This coverage insures you against certain damages caused to another person’s property while operating your vehicle. This may also provide you with a legal defense for such claims if another party files a lawsuit against you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: This insures you against certain damages if you injure or kill someone while operating your vehicle.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage: Coverage like this will pay for covered losses resulting from incidents other than collision – like fire, theft, or vandalism.
How Much Does Off-Road Vehicle Insurance Cost?
There’s several factors that go into account when pricing out the cost of specialty vehicle insurance. Keeping your rates low can depend on a few things:
- Be safe: If you have violations on your driving record or claims on your insurance policy, your rates will likely be higher.
- Choose your vehicle carefully: Some models of personal watercraft, ATVs, dirt bikes or other off-road vehicles are considered more aggressive machines, and typically cost more to insure.
- Own and insure more than one: With many carriers you can receive a discount if you insure more than one specialty vehicle on your policy.